Thursday, May 28, 2009

Curse you, Facebook!

So, I finally decided to get back on Facebook.  I'm constantly being told by multiple parties that Facebook is a fantastic cornucopia of constant up-to-date facts that continuously pours information into the ether like some sort of friend-specific fountain of knowledge.  A font, even.  
But.  There's a problem.  The first time I get back on facebook after, like, a year, I decided to delete the original e-mail address associated with the account.  Weeeell that was the information font equivalent of shooting myself in the digital foot.  

"Dear God," you might say, breath bated with excitement, "Tomfoolery and Shennanigans!"  Well, you probably wouldn't say that.  I might.  Point is: I can't sign on now.  I've apparently deleted all of the e-mails associated with the account according to facebook technical support.  

Sigh.  I wish I existed.  

What does this portend for me?  Am I to be cut off forever from this river-flow of constant information?  Is the knowledge of what other people are doing to be damned before it flows into my brain-resevoir by Facebook beavers?!  

Yeah. I guess so . . . for now.

No comments: