Friday, December 7, 2007

Thank you for the Banana

I was all set up to write in my new blog. I was really happy that I'd have the chance to rant and rave and hem and haw about anything I desired, but wouldn't you know it, I can't think of a thing.

OOOH OOH NO WAIT!!

Okay - here goes:

Once, when I was in college, I was sitting at a table, eating a banana. A thought appeared in my head. It wasn't a thought so much as an image, really. A line of people in banana suits performed the can-can on the stage of my mind. As they kicked and turned, they sang a song.

"Thank you for the Banana," They said.

This sort of thing happens often. Unbidden thoughts and images come to my mind. Sometimes funny, sometimes . . .

Here, I will share them with you. Maybe you'll find them funny, maybe not. But if you do, I hope you occaisionally envision a dancing line of well-dressed people that sing (in perfect and melodious harmony) "Thank you for reading this blog."

1 comment:

Steven said...

Bo, I feel as if the stories you've told are nothing but song-and-dance numbers albeit with people I know. And scaled down in production and budget but not lessened in the randomness.

Good to see you up and running.